May 6th, 2015
Since the day John came home and told me that God spoke to him I felt God urging me to email Ashley a friend who had adopted a little girl from China about 2 years prior.  I had not talked to or seen Ashley in 2 years because they moved back to Kentucky in June of 2013.  I had been ignoring God's nudging until this day.  I decided to listen and sent a long email to Ashley explaining everything going on and asking her for guidance and the name of the agencies she used so I could do some research.  She emailed me back within minutes and said you are never going to believe this, but God spoke to me about 2 weeks ago and told me to contact you and talk to you about adopting a baby from China.  For 2 weeks her and her husband had been talking about a way to contact me and bring this up.  She thought I would think she was crazy for calling me after 2 years and saying Hey you want to adopt a baby from China.  That morning her husband said you just have to email her even if she thinks you are crazy.  She was sitting at her computer with a blank email pulled up with my name in the to portion staring at the white screen trying to figure out what to write when my email came through.  WOW  God is so good. This was the day after John said that he thought God would give us more guidance.  After this we knew God was telling us to adopt a baby from China.  He could not have been any more clear.  I immediately started to research the next steps.  We also decided to use the same agencies that she had used since God guided us to her.  We decided to use Lifeline Children Services for our agency and Dillon International for our home study agency.  We started on the application process immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment