April 20th, 2015
John came home from work and told me that he heard God's audible voice today on his way home from work.  It was so profound that he had to pull his car over because he was so shaken.  I asked him what God said and he said 1 word and that was to adopt.  I said What??  I had always said that I was going to have 2 boys and adopt a baby girl from China.  Then God blessed us with 2 girls.  After Claire was born I decided I still wanted to do international adoption and started researching everything about it.  John was not on board and so I prayed that if we were suppose to adopt that God would change John's heart about adoption.  That was 6 years ago.  When he told me what God had told him my mind immediately went to China, but his mind was set on adopting a baby through DHS here in OKC.  We agreed to keep this between the two of us so we could pray and let God guide us through this and not other people.  We started praying a lot asking God to give us guidance on where we were suppose to adopt from.  We knew we would adopt because God had spoke, but did not know where from just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment