June 12th, 2016

First I wanted to share all of the items we packed for Grace for the trip.  I cannot believe they all made it to China! I am praying we will have everything she needs once we have her tomorrow.  We know it will be a tough day and we want to make it as easy on her as we can!!


I cannot believe she will actually be wearing these sweet little outfits and playing with these toys tomorrow!!  We made it to Guangzhou today!!  I was so proud of us.  We road a train, a bus, another train, and a taxi to make it from Hong Kong to Guangzhou!!  It was quite the adventure and we are so happy to be in one place for the next 10 days!!  When we got to our room we had a big surprise!  A sweet little baby crib next to our bed!!



John and I are so excited for tomorrow we can hardly stand it.  Praying we get some sleep tonight.  We are meeting in the hotel lobby tomorrow (Monday) at 2:00pm (which is 1:00am OK time) to take a van to the Civil Affairs Office.  There we will get Grace Mei Barnett.  She will be in our arms forever!!  The next post will be of pictures of her.  We still cannot believe God did this.  He is so good!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart bursting with so much joy while reading all of this Sterling! What an amazing journey God has given you & John! I particularly love the part where you said that she was hesitant to come to you but you picked her up anyway! (And there's a picture!!) Ha! That's my friend Sterling! I know you had been waiting for so long & today was like giving birth to you. Congratulations to you & John! Grace is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete